Re: Trying to cross compile libcurl with MinGW 32-bit from Ubuntu, for Win32 Executables

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 19:01:21 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014, libcurl_at_double.net23.net wrote:

> Build libcurl: Shared=yes, Static=no

> ../lib/curl-strtoofft.o ../lib/curl-strdup.o ../lib/curl-rawstr.o
> ../lib/curl-nonblock.o -L/path/to/mingw32/lib ../lib/.libs/libcurl.a

That looks wrong. libcurl.a is a static lib isn't it?

> One things I noticed off the bat is I specifically enabled both static and
> dynamic libraries, yet configure only enables dynamic. I get the same
> configure result if I don't specify anything.

What if you explictly ask to only build a static version, does that work? If
you do, the configure script is supposed to add the necessary define. The
windows setup we have doesn't allow the same compiled object files to be used
for both static and shared builds...