Re: [bagder/curl] 623914: warnless: add wrapper function for read and write on Windows

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 11:33:21 +0000

Hi Marc,

On Sun, 16 Feb 2014, GitHub wrote:

> warnless: add wrapper function for read and write on Windows

Thank you - that's been bugging me for some time with my Win64 builds but I
never thought of using curlx functions to solve it ;-)

I was wondering if we should provide compatibility with POSIX 64-bit builds
by looping inside the curlx_read() and curlx_write() functions if "count" is
greater than the max of an unsigned int?

Also, do these functions need to be defined in 32-bit Win32 builds as I
don't think the warning is present there?

As such, would #if defined(WIN64) be better?

Kind Regards

Steve