Re: HTTP2 and SPDY

From: Fabian Frank <fabian.frank.de_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 10:18:08 -0800

On Jan 29, 2014, at 6:14 AM, Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> My personal feeling is that starting to work with NPN is also not so bad at this moment.
Yes, I agree. In fact I have it working here locally with OpenSSL 1.0.2 and cURL and http2 is negotiated with hosts that support it, for example your public test server or twitter.

> This is because the current biggest HTTP2 draft public server is twitter and they
> offer NPN, not ALPN. Secondly, OpenSSL's NPN and ALPN interfaces are very
> easy to implement. See nghttp2 sample code in http://tatsuhiro-t.github.io/nghttp2/tutorial-client.html
I agree, it’s really not very hard and your well documented examples make it even easier. I’ll clean up my code tonight and share a patch with this list that Daniel can then hopefully merge.

Thank you,
Fabian