Re: HTTP2 and SPDY

From: Fabian Frank <fabian.frank.de_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 16:53:25 -0800

On Jan 28, 2014, at 2:24 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Jan 2014, Fabian Frank wrote:
>
>> most importantly, where help and contribution is needed.
>
> If you really want to help out with http2, then an obvious area would be to work on ALPN and making sure that we start offering http2 for https:// URLs. We don't have anything of that in place yet.
Thanks for pointing that out. According to https://github.com/tatsuhiro-t/nghttp2:
ALPN support requires unreleased version OpenSSL >= 1.0.2.

I was trying to get OpenSSL 1.0.2 from ftp://ftp.openssl.org/snapshot/ to work on the weekend, but didn’t have much luck on my Ubuntu host yet. I finally had the time to sort that out today and it’s working now. I’ll apply your patches and start looking into ALPN.

Regards,
Fabian