MSVC SSL Package Questions

From: Tacker Timothy-FVB738 <timothytacker_at_motorolasolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 21:33:12 +0000

I would like to use libcurl with SSL support in Microsoft Visual Studio 2013.

1. Is it correct that the following "MSVC" packages are intended for use in Visual Studio?
http://curl.haxx.se/dlwiz/?type=devel&os=Win32&flav=MSVC

Also, I note that for the libcurl-7.19.3-win32-ssl-msvc.zip package, the page indicates, "This package is not built from the latest version available. This is version 7.19.3 while the latest source available has version 7.34.0. This might be OK for you. If not, contact the maintainer of this package (Frederic Elbin) and ask kindly for an update."

2. I do not see contact information for Frederic Elbin. Does anyone know how to contact him?

3. The following page has a SSL column for packages, but how can it be determined if this functionality is provided by OpenSSL or some other library? I need to ensure we remain compliant with licensing requirements.
http://curl.haxx.se/download.html

Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Timothy Tacker
Senior Systems Engineer
Motorola Solutions, Inc.