Re: libcurl hangs in SSL handshake

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 16:22:55 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014, sachin dravid wrote:

> I am getting few sockets hangs in SSL handshaking. I am using curl multi
> interface for HTTP protocol.

I'm not sure I understand your definition of "hang" here.

Are you referring to a socket that libcurl "owns" that you won't get any
notifications about activities on, possibly because libcurl hasn't given you
the correct bits to check?

> Curl shows me socket fd is there but select() call give me a timeout. So
> even I am not able to get out from the loop.

> I have set CURL_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT to 5 minutes and CURL_TIMEOUT to 15
> minutes. The strange thing is it not even giving me timeout error.

That does indeed sound bad, but I've not seen it happen. We even have test
cases to verify connect timeouts during a very slow SSL connect so I think it
generally works.

But unless you can provide a recipe for us, I'm not sure what I can do about
this...