Re: 421 I can't accept more than 5 connections as the same user

From: Stefano D. Mtangoo <mwinjilisti_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 10:25:19 +0300

On 06/01/2014 02:36 asubuhi, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Jan 2014, Stefano D. Mtangoo wrote:
>
>> RESPONSE: 421 Too many connections (20) from this IP
>>
>> Now what am doing is loop in folder, get all files and subfolders and
>> a create easy handle for each and push them to multihandle and call
>> multi's perform.
>
> Right, each easy handle will run independently and thus create their
> own connections.
That nicely explains the reason. Thank you!

>> I have set CURLMOPT_MAXCONNECTS to 15 so at least I expected it to
>> complain
>
> That's not how CURLMOPT_MAXCONNECTS works. You probably want
> CURLMOPT_MAX_HOST_CONNECTIONS for that, if you insist on that funny
> design.
How does it works then? And thanks for pointing the latter. That is what
I needed.
Also I would like to know why you call it funny design, is there a
better way to handle that? Am yet to be a protocol mavericks :)

Thank you for your sure help!
S.

--
Stefano D. Mtangoo