RE: vtls, "virtual" TLS

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 22:59:41 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013, Patrick Monnerat wrote:

>> I'm about to move all TLS related functions into its own subdir, named
>> vtls.
>
> Good idea, providing it remains a subdir of lib and not a separate dll
> (not like c-ares).

Right, I'd like that to remain as well and I have no plans to change it.

Although I'd also not want to make any long-term promises to that end since I
could agree to something else if there was a greater benefit to gain for us.
Let's not take that discussion too far now though, we'll certainly not do
anything drastic in the short term anyway.

> My 2 cents: can have generic tls and related in vtls, and each different
> connector in a separate subdir of vtls...

Really? How would that improve things exactly? Is that just your personal
preference or do you have a technical reason for it?

BTW: I'll give some more time to allow others to speak up, object or comment
this idea before I push this change.