Re: Fwd: Often error 23

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 21:49:39 +0100

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 01:17:36PM -0600, Marco A. Cruz Quevedo wrote:
> Thank you very much for your suggestion. The fact is that, in order to
> use CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION, I cannot find a way to pass a pointer to a function
> ( as documentation indicates) from visual FoxPro, so I have to use the internal

Is there really no way to do that kind of operation in the FoxPro language?
Have you tried just using the name of the procedure as the argument, or the
name preceded with @?

> default function. And here is the first problem: documentation indicates to set
> the option to NULL: is it chr(0) or "" (null string)?

You'll have to use the documentation of the FoxPro binding for the fine
points. It's possible (though unlikely) that there is no way to set a callback
function with this binding. If that's the case, then there's probably not
much you can do. But there must be some way to direct output to something
other than stdout. At the very least you must be able to open a file handle
to "nul:" and pass that in to with the binding somehow.

> Then, to use CURLOPT_WRITEDATA I have to pass a FILE * to filename (or file
> object? or what?) I think this solves the problem: first, using the default
> function and next, providing a file for output. But, how can this be set?
> So, I tried:
> --
>     err_buff = "error"+" buffer"
>     curl_easy_setopt(hcurl, CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION,"")
>     curl_easy_setopt(hcurl, CURLOPT_WRITEDATA, err_buff)
> --
> Finally this works: the file is transmitted, but nevertheless I get an error
> indicating that an exception occurred.

That's a legitimate response to options that make no sense.

> I only want to set this options to get rid of error 23.

You'll have to either look at the binding's documentation or failing that,
the source code, and figure out how to set up such a callback function.

>>> Dan