Re: Problems cross compiling curl-7.33.0 with polarssl-1.3.2 support.

From: Nacho Man <nacho2874_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 14:27:59 -0800 (PST)

I got it to compile finally.  I got it to compile a bit ago.  I just forgot to mention it.  Instead of including <polarssl/compat-1.2.h> and <polarssl/config.h>, I went through the code and converted the no-longer-available functions to the new ones.  This allowed it to compile.   I'm not sure I did it completely right though.  I guess I'll find out when I finish all this and try to use a program that uses the curl library.  Thanks for all the help though guys and thanks for the insights. On Sunday, December 8, 2013 7:53 PM, Nacho Man <nacho2874@yahoo.com> wrote: On Sunday, December 8, 2013 8:57 AM, Dan Fandrich <dan@coneharvesters.com> wrote: On Sat, Dec 07, 2013 at 03:12:36PM -0800, Nacho Man wrote: "... You could try changing the build flags, the  order of the build objects etc. to try to  coax the newer polarssl to build. " >>> Dan Thanks for the reply.  I actually noticed that with PolarSSL.  The way it was done before was the script changed into the library directory, ran make and then manually copied the files to where they were supposed to be.  I have modified the Makefile in the PolarSSL directory so I can just do a make no_test and have it install it a more proper way. Maybe this will fix my problem.  When it was compiling the source in the program directory, it was erroring out about missing a function.  I double checked that the library it was linking against did in fact have the function.  I had to move a -lnet to the end of the line, after the .o extension. I am still having some difficulties with the programs though because the psl1ght libraries don't have a gethostname function and some of the SSL code in the programs directory uses it.  All I have is a gethostbyname function.  I was going to just use the uname function but that isn't included either.  Kind of sucks because I don't think I'm skilled enough to write my own gethostname or uname function. ------------------------------------------------------------------- List admin: http://cool.haxx.se/list/listinfo/curl-library Etiquette:  http://curl.haxx.se/mail/etiquette.html