looking for libcurl for armhf Ubuntu13.04

From: sites2972 <sites972_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 19:20:35 +0200
Hello
I am looking for libcurl in order to cross compile (under Ubuntu12.10)
    an application running at Beaglebone-Black & Ubuntu13.04 .

could some assist me :
1) choosing the right libcurl version, which I may install in Ubuntu12.10-Desktop
2) I'm afraid of lib conflicts between the libcurl installed in Ubuntu (which I use to debug the app)
may I install in parallel with the one already installed in Ubuntu12.10
3) and Eclipse compile settings in
any help please ?

(I hope this is the right place to post such a request, apologize if not)
regards
Haggai