Re: Issue - necessary data rewind wasn't possible

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 16:05:35 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013, sachin dravid wrote:

> Curl logs:
> ===========
> -connection died retrying a fresh connect
> -necessary data rewind wasn't possible
> ===========
>
> Sometimes it gets success in retry but sometimes it fails with
> "necessary data rewind wasn't possible".
>
> Can anyone explain reason for this and how to handle it?

Use CURLOPT_SEEKFUNCTION to set a callback that allows seeking back in the
stream to allow libcurl to resend data.

   http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html#CURLOPTSEEKFUNCTION

> One of the observation is that I am getting this error with SSL(https).
> Without SSL it is working fine.

At times libcurl needs to resend data it already sent in a POST/PUT request,
and if it can't rewind that data on its own you need to provide a way for it
to do it.