Re: curl.h: <sys/select.h> for OpenBSD

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 13:35:46 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 4 Dec 2013, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> curl.h should also include <sys/select.h> on OpenBSD to reliably pull in
> select(). Typically, including <sys/time.h> will be enough, but not if
> strict standards-compliance is requested (e.g. by defining _XOPEN_SOURCE).

Thanks, this change was just pushed now!

> I think the FreeBSD version check is also dubious. It's true that FreeBSD
> 8.0+ pulls in <sys/select.h> from <sys/time.h>, so explicitly including
> select.h isn't _strictly_ necessary, but again, this means relying on a
> compatibility fallback. <sys/select.h> is the documented way to get
> select() on FreeBSD.

Okay I hear what you're saying, but at the same time that's not a change that
even the FreeBSD guys seem to do on their version[*] and no user seems to have
had any problems with the existing approach. This makes me hesitate...

[*] = http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/ftp/curl/files/