Determine available upload/download bandwidth

From: Sandeep Sastry <sandeep.a.sastry_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 16:50:49 +0400

Hello,

I am looking for suggestions and solutions on determining available
bandwidth before uploading or downloading.

I am aware of the libcurl options that I can use to set my desired upload
or download speed. But what I am not clear is, say for example, I want to
upload a 1 Gb file, by using 50% of my current available upload bandwidth
and based on that I want to set values for the CURLOPT_MAX_SEND_SPEED_LARGE
setopt, how do I determine what is my “available upload bandwidth”. Same is
applicable for determining my “available download bandwidth”.

I assume, this is out of scope of libcurl, but as most of you might have
already encountered this problem, I would be grateful to learn from you
guys.

Thanks,

-Sandeep