Re: Tests 19 and 704 unreliable on FreeBSD after 02fbc26d5 (connect: Add connection delay to Happy Eyeballs)

From: Tor Arntsen <kspt.tor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 07:18:24 +0100

On 19 November 2013 22:29, Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> It looks like the Solaris machine has another daemon or app running on Port
> 9011 though as the HTTP test server isn't able to start:
>
> 11:19:15.066386 Error binding socket on port 9011: (125) Address already in
> use
> 11:19:15.076073 ========> sws quits
> === End of file http_server.log
> test 001 SKIPPED: failed starting HTTP server
> test 002 SKIPPED: failed starting HTTP server
> test 003 SKIPPED: failed starting HTTP server
>
> I appreciate this is mainly a question for Tor - but does anyone know if
> that was the case before we broke test 019 et al ?

I have fixed that now - some servers were hanging. It's easy enough
to check earlier logs, haxx has many days of logs. I also store all
the logs for all my autobuilds indefinitely.
However, servers hang regularly - that's been a problem for years and
it's not going away. So I wouldn't worry about test 019 or any other
test right now, unless servers suddenly start to hang every day (which
_does_ sometimes happen after some change).

-Tor