Help with ftpserver.pl

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 21:07:04 +0000

Hi guys,

I’m in the process of adding my IMAP authentication tests and stumbled into a bit of a problem with ftpserver.pl today… and as my perl is still a bit rusty I was wondering if anyone can help?

The first two tests (test819 and test820) were added but you can see from the build log that incorrect responses from the server are being given back to curl ☹

C: A001 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 AUTH=PLAIN pingpong test server
S: A001 OK CAPABILITY completed
C: A002 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN
S: A002+
C: A003 LOGOUT
S: * BYE cURL IMAP server signing off
S: A003 OK LOGOUT completed

The problem is that the "A002+" should be "+" without the" A002".

The script prepends the IMAP command id ($cmdid) at line 3121. However, this should only be added when the reply hasn’t been specified in the test spec’s <reply> <servercmd> section.

It would seem that I got my logic wrong in my first attempt at fixing this, as I was still half asleep this morning, and then my later fix where I reversed my logic appeared to lock up Guenter’s OpenSuSE build at 11:20 this morning – as such I reverted my second fix.

I believe the fault lies if statement at line 3120 as I need to take into account that $fake is not empty so that $text is sent to the client and not $cmdid$text.

Any help would be absolutely fantastic.

Cheers

Steve