RE: Base64 decoding

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 10:27:59 +0000

Hi all,

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013, Steve Holme wrote:

> > > As such I have pushed a slightly tidier version of my fix and
> > > hopefully the 19:20 auto build will pick it up and we'll see how
> > > we get on.
> >
> > Test 206 fails now, but if I revert cdccb422671aeb it works again
> > for me...
> >
> > Let me know if you want me to dig.
>
> Cheers Daniel.

a) I setup an IIS test installation with the Windows Authentication module
and was able to test the "normal" HTTP authentication with Basic, Digest and
NTLM, and didn't see any problems - without cdccb422671aeb the base64
decoding fails and I get the 401 from the type-2 with NTLM authentication.

b) I setup FreeProxy for Windows so I could test the Proxy Authentication
but unfortunately mostly had success:

NTLM and Basic - worked.
Digest - FreeProxy always seem to respond with a HTTP 200 rather than 407
that I would have expected although I'm not sure I have users,
authentication settings and restriction settings set up correctly for digest
:(

I also tried to creating a Visual Studio Solution to compile the various
parts of the test server: getpart, resolve, sockfilt, etc... and failed
miserable :(

In summary I have no idea why Test 206 is failing at present, so if you
could do some digging Daniel that would be great.

c) On other failures:

Test 220, 221, etc... appear to be failing because of getpart() returns -1.

I suspect this is because the <data base64="yes> tag has the base64 data
spread over many lines. I think this could be reworked so that getpart()
calls appenddata() to append the raw base64 encoded string to the buffer and
then when the end </data> tag is read it calls Curl_base64_decode() rather
than calling it on a line by line basis.

d) On other news:

I had some connection problems when I took my Proxy Server down which I
think could be related to the Happy Eyeball work but I will post this
information in that thread ;-)

Kind Regards

Steve