RE: Base64 decoding

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 00:21:53 +0000

> On Wed, 30 Oct 2013, Kamil Dudka wrote:

> > As I don't currently run the test suite locally nor have access to a
> > HTTP server using HTTP Authentication would someone be so kind
> > to test the enclosed patch?
>
> Thanks for the patch! My quick look at the results with this patch
applied
> suggests that something is broken. Surprisingly, it does not matter
> whether my previous patch is applied on top of that or not.

Over the last hour I realised that I have IIS running on my Exchange Server
with various directories that use HTTP authentication.

As such, I've just been testing the /rpc directory and whilst I eventually I
get a 404 error I can see that the following happens:

* Curl sends a NTLM type-1 message to the server via a "GET /rpc" request.
* The server then responds with a 401 unauthorized page containing the
type-2 message.
* Curl then makes another GET request sending the type-3 message.
* Server responds with the 404 - As I can't remember / work out what the
correct page address is!

In addition to this, I have been stepping through the code under the
debugger and realised that some of the "skip initial whitespace" sections
can come out functions like Curl_input_ntlm() but in essence my patch
appears to work.

I won't push the fix yet just in case a) there is other feedback or b)
someone gets chance to run my patch against the test suite.

Kind Regards

Steve