Re: CURLINFO_GNUTLS_SESSION (was Re: Patch: Support CURLINFO_CERTINFO with GnuTLS)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 13:14:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 21 Oct 2013, Christian Grothoff wrote:

First, stop the top-posting please.

> Is it common that nobody responds in a timely fashion to patches sent to
> this list? I'd really like to know if this patch is now going to be
> accepted, or if we have to do something else to get access to SSL
> certificates.

You only replied to the last response in this thread just *now* (40 minutes
after this email in fact) - it hasn't had a chance to grow stale yet. While
the discussion is ongoing about a change/patch it doesn't make sense to merge
a version that might change.

A common procedure for users of open source projects that want something done
in the upstream project is to make it and use it locally while you're
upstreaming it. That way you get testing of the feature before it gets merged
officially and you won't have to wait for anyone upstream to do the work.
Sure, the risk is that what gets merged is something slightly different than
what you're using but that's the price you need to be prepared for.

You whining on the project will not help AT ALL. Trust me, I do the best I can
already without whining. I think that goes for most of the people involved in
this project. And elsewhere.

If you want things to go faster, then make things even easier for us and
remove even more obstacles; add tests and documentation already without us
asking for it, provide the patches in trimmed and accurate git format-patch
syntax etc. And if possible, get more support from other people that can
testify about your feature's greatness and necessity.