Re: [Patch] - travis-ci

From: Remy 'Sieben' Leone <remy.leone_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 11:26:41 +0200

Hello,

2013/10/20 Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>

> Thanks!
>
> I'm willing to give this a try to see if it does any good for us. Where
> can we see the results or overview of any other existing project's use of
> this? I can't seem to find any!

https://travis-ci.org/jquery/jquery
https://travis-ci.org/rails/rails
https://travis-ci.org/twbs/bootstrap

As you see little projects ;-)

For the spam from travis it was due to the fact that I've pushed a master
branch without any .travis.yml in it (I didn't merged by travis-ci branch).
When travis-ci see something without any configuration it assumes it's a
ruby project and try to test it as a ruby project. For obvious reason it
fails with curl and a notification is sent because by default travis send
an email notification.

 Regarding the actual file, I just read http://about.travis-ci.org/**
> docs/user/languages/c/ <http://about.travis-ci.org/docs/user/languages/c/>and from that, I have a
> question on the contents:
>
> Why do the test in the "before_script" ? It sounds wrong and the
> documentation says there's a default script for C language projects so
> it'll then run the test _again_ in that.
>
> Shouldn't we instead simply make the before_script just do only what needs
> to be done before the script action? Like:
>
> before_script:
> - ./buildconf

That's a good point, I'm going to modify my patch and resubmit it.

Best regards

Rémy