Error SSL: certificate subject name does not match target host name

From: Rai, Anand <Anand.Rai_at_ncr.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:58:53 -0400

Hello All,

I am facing the problem with liburl when using

curl_easy_setopt(handle,CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST,2L);
curl_easy_setopt(handle,CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER,2L);

and SSL certificate HOSTNAME of Ftp Server is provided as COMMON NAME and signed the certificate with Minimal CA certificate.

Error Reported is:
SSL: certificate subject name 'sep03vvm-343' does not match target host name 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'
* Closing connection #0
* SSL peer certificate or SSH md5 fingerprint was not OK

I am using the libcurl-7.19.3-win32-ssl-msvc and OpenSSLWin32_1.0.1e .

But, When I have created the SSL certificate and provide the IP address of the Ftp Server as Common Name and
signed the certificate with a minimal CA certificate created using OpenSSLWin32_1.0.1e version, and set the below mentioned option in the SECURE FTP Prototype:

curl_easy_setopt(handle,CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST,2L);
curl_easy_setopt(handle,CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER,2L);

Result: The file is successfully send to the targeted FTP server.

Please suggest me the solution to this problem.
Waiting for the reply as soon as possible.

Regards,
Anand