Re: Hardening Guide?

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 22:28:39 +0200

On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 03:38:26PM -0400, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> Is there a hardening guide available for libcurl?
>
> I'm interested in two aspects: (1) how to configure and build the
> library in a secure manner; and (2) how to use the library in a safe
> and secure manner.

There's a guide for using the library safely available at
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-tutorial.html#Security
I'm not aware of similar documentation for compiling it securely. Mostly,
that's either platform-dependent or common-sense, although you could
argue that some aspects like choosing and building an SSL library securely
could be usefully discussed.

>>> Dan