Re: timeout issue while using POST messages over htttps (or http)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 10:41:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 7 Oct 2013, Olivier Singla wrote:

> When the device misses the reply back from the server, it times out
> (CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT), and never receives the message. What I do not
> understand is that netstat shows the TCP connection established on both
> sides...

That would indicate a problem in the lower levels of the connection I'd say. I
mean, if the reply didn't get received by the client-side but was sent by the
server-side then the server-side should keep on trying sending that due to
how TCP works. It will still consider the TCP connection established though.

> If I do not setup a timeout, the device never receives the message and hangs
> forever, at least until the GSM link is cut off...

That then seems to work exactly as designed.

> Any idea what I am missing, or doing wrong ?

That your connection is unreliable? I don't see how this is a libcurl problem
at all...