Re: "CURLOPT_INTERFACE"

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 13:45:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013, Joshua Rogers wrote:

> I'm using Apache2 and Fcgid, and using cUrl.

From the rest of your mail, this clearly means the CURL/PHP extension.

This mailing list is for the libcurl library though, and usually you won't
find the best experts on the particular language bindings here. There's a
curl-and-php mailing list for CURL/PHP specific stuff.

This said, CURL/PHP of course uses libcurl so your issue can indeed be a
libcurl problem. You didn't tell us which libcurl version you're using and you
didn't tell us on which operating system you run it.

> I'm using "CURLOPT_INTERFACE" to alternate between IPs, but it appears to
> kind of.. "crash" after awhile.
>
> After X amount of minutes of constantly going to a bunch of websites, etc.
> it just stops.

"Just stops" is not crashing in my terminology. But more importantly, is "X
minutes" the trigger for it to happen and if so, what is X? or is it when your
host get a renewed lease from the DHCP server or ...

> In the browser, it just keeps on loading forever, with no more output.

You mean the browser that loads the HTML that your CURL/PHP using program
outputs?

> Even if I restart it and only use that one interface - it doesn't work.

Restart what? Isn't the CURL/PHP-using program (re-)started every time you go
to that web page?

> I have to either have to exclude that one interface, or wait an hour or
> something like that..

What's the difference in your system after an hour that would make it
magically work again?

> Whilst it isn't working in PHP, it's working fine using the commandline
> curl --interface, and on other programs..

Wow, that seems really strange.