Re: Using curl_easy_setopt in generic way

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 23:21:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013, sachin dravid wrote:

> Use case
> =========
> I am working on a library, where I am getting map of (string) vs (void
> *). Here string is name of CURL option and value comes as (void *).
>
> Issue
> =========

> curl_easy_setopt takes CURLoption parameter which is actually an enum and
> respectively value should be passed with proper type. How can I use
> curl_easy_setopt function generically with string and void*?

Perhaps something like this:

1. convert the string to the correct CURLOPT_*

2. pass in the void * if the CURLOPT_ wants a pointer that you know how to
create, or convert it to a long and pass that in if it wants a long.

3. then handle the few special cases separately

Not all options make sense to handle like this though, like for example the
FUNCTIONPOINT ones.