RE: IMAP not working reliably on Win32/VS2012

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 07:50:47 +0100

Hi Jirí,

On Sun, 8 Sep 2013, Jirí Hruška wrote:

> sorry for the delay, I was quite busy both during the rest of the
> week and on the weekend, so I could not experiment with this
> more. But now I think I cracked it!

No problem... I prepared a couple of patches myself yesterday, the second being a tidy version of what I posted here, which as we know wasn't ideal.

> Fortunately, checking whether there are more data to read
> waiting in the SSL library input buffers is easy, because we
> have a backend-agnostic function Curl_ssl_data_pending().

Ah yes... I came across that function whilst originally diagnosing the issue with John.

> A simple patch for pingpong.c which addresses the issue is attached.

Fantastic, I have pushed it along with my fix to imap.c for the buffer sizes - all appears to working here for Google imaps, Exchange imap and imaps connections.

> Related to this behavior I saw (connection stuck after SSL
> handshake), I send you 3 more patches (for IMAP, POP3 and
> SMTP) which speed up secure connection establishment.

I will take a look at those this evening.

> Hope that helps,

Greatly - thank you again.

Kind Regards

Steve