Re: Using threaded resolver by default in Debian?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 13:40:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 2 Sep 2013, Gennady Proskurin wrote:

> Just now I took "multi-single" example from curl distribution, added some
> debug printfs, compiled libcurl with threaded resolver, and multi-single
> finally always blocks in curl_multi_remove_handle() if started without
> network.

Okay. What exactly makes it hang, did you check? I can see how perhaps a new
resolve can't be made until the previous call is done, but it shouldn't have
to hang on curl_multi_remove_handle() because of that.

> From some discussions in internet I thought that it is "known bug" and there
> is no easy fix for that.

"discussions in internet" is normally another to say "completely wrong". If
the discussions weren't with the libcurl developers on this list, I'd be very
careful of conclusions or stated facts. Or perhaps you double-check by reading
the code to see what really goes on in there...