Re: curl_global_init performance

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 23:01:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013, Tim Ruehsen wrote:

> The 'time' command is not very exact, it gives just a direction. I agree,
> that in normal situations (user starting curl to download one file), a
> difference of a few milliseconds do not matter at all. But what about
> scripts, that download small files in a loop in a fast network... e.g. using
> wget takes 10s while curl would take 50s ?

When thinking further about this subject, it struck me that
SSL_load_error_strings() isn't mentioned to have any multi-threading problems
in the man page. It should be possible to move to get done before the first
use of OpenSSL much more easily than I thought before.

You up to having a go at a patch?