RE: v7.30.0 is slower than v2.29.0 when I upload files with FTP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 22:41:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 20 Aug 2013, Mike Mio wrote:

> Yes, if you send it I will find time to try it out. Just point me to
> instructions if applying a patch is not obvious.

Okay great! But as you're being unused to patches _and_ using windows, be
prepared for a little learning curve here. You apply patches with 'patch' or
with 'git' (the internet is full of docs of how to use them). You get the
latest curl code with git (http://curl.haxx.se/dev/source.html). You then need
to build everything on windows, see http://curl.haxx.se/docs/install.html and
the winbuild/ directories.

Once you have a working libcurl built, I have two things for you to test!

1 - Get the current git repo, build and test. I did a fix on Aug 14 (commit
f584312e81) for a similar problem that Bill Doyle reported. This fix made his
problems go away. I think it may correct your problem as well.

2 - However, I think that fix makes the function ftp_domore_getsock() end up
really messy (it was messy already and this patch made it even worse) so I've
now tried to clean that up so regardless of how test 1 runs, I would like you
to try the attached patch applied to the git version and see how that works.

Then tell me how test 1 and 2 performs!