Re: [Patch] transfer.c

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 16:19:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 20 Aug 2013, Dennis Clarke wrote:

> Is there a place to get all the patch changes that happen after a release
> similar to how we see patches to bash :

We don't really have "patch changes" since a release. We have a stream of
commits that after some months end up in a new release. Between the releases
the state of the current development branch may be of varying stability.

Of course, you can opt to get one or more of those commits and apply them on
the latest release or you can even get the current master head from git and
use that for whatever purpose you see fit. How you decide to name such a
custom release is really up to you.

The Linux and BSD distros have a long tradition of this kind of thing and
they tend to slap on an increasing number to the end of the release number for
every release they do, and then they keep the metadata of exactly it
differs from the particular upstream release somewhere else. Like 7.32.0-5 for
the fifth custom release based on the upstream 7.32.0 release...