RE: libcurl not returning the response from custom search request

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 10:44:12 +0100

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013, Alex McLellan wrote:

> Patch 0001 is the minimal change required to get the response to
> the "SEARCH" request, this has been tested and works.

I've pushed this as commit 9281be36d5206f although tidied up the commit
comments and changed your email details to those you posted to the list as.

> Patch 0002 modifies the code so custom requests aren't handled
> like list requests (which requires each expected response to be
> added). This has been somewhat tested, I haven't tested STORE,
> SELECT and EXAMINE. I can test this, if you think this patch is
worthwhile.

This is how we coded the initial version of the IMAP changes back in
December but went for the code you see in the main repo in March as it
means:

1) We don't have to have a separate handler, response function and state for
custom requests
2) It is in keeping with how custom requests are implemented for other
protocols such as HTTP and POP3 where the custom request shadows another
command

I appreciate there is an argument for doing the way you proposed, as like I
mentioned, this is how we originally coded it - I am open but thoughts from
others on the list would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Steve