Re: curl binary size with TLS

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 21:30:53 +0200

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 08:15:32PM +0530, Indtiny s wrote:
> Below are the configure switches, I cant use other SSL library , because I have
> added new chiper suite support to the openssl library .

Take a look at the INSTALL document; there's a section in there on reducing
binary sizes. For example, as of a few releases ago you could build an x86
HTTP-only libcurl.so in 106 KiB. That's really an apples to oranges comparison
with your situation, but it gives some idea of how low it can go.

The switches you gave look reasonable, except adding --enable-hidden-symbols
and --without-zlib will save a few more bytes. You'll probably have more
success saving total bytes by trimming OpenSSL.

>>> Dan