Re: Testing curl_multi_socket_action() and friends

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 15:15:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> There are several event library alternatives these days and I'm not
> up-to-date with which one we should go with. If it at all matters... libev,
> libevent and libuv seem to be the candidates. There's also the possibility
> of adding support for more than one of them, at least over time.

Dave Reisner helped me out in #curl to realize that making an emulated event
thing using plain poll() might even be the best option here as it won't add
any extra dependency or build problems.

I think I'll start out with that and see how well it goes. Since the job is
limited to only support the easy interface it should be a rather limited
emulation that's needed anyway, so it won't matter if it isn't the most
efficient one.