Re: Multi-handle hanging up immediately after creating FTP data socket (using GCD)

From: Bill Doyle <vilhalmer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 13:05:26 -0400

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Bill Doyle <vilhalmer_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> As I was finishing up the paragraph on the strange writes, I noticed
> something: when it opens the data connection to the server, it's
> registering for CURL_POLL_IN. Shouldn't this be CURL_POLL_OUT for an
> upload? That would explain why it stops, it's waiting for data to
> arrive when none ever will, instead of trying to send it. I verified
> that this isn't me mis-interpreting the value passed to
> socket_callback as the action somehow, it is in fact what libcurl is
> asking for.

Not sure if replying to yourself is good form, but I have an important
development: I forced it to register for both CURL_POLL_IN and
CURL_POLL_OUT on all sockets, and the upload worked perfectly on the
first try. So it does appear that libcurl is requesting the incorrect
type when registering the data socket, for whatever reason.