Re: Windows "application was unable to start correctly"

From: <ols6000_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 16:05:09 -0700

At 03:50 PM 8/8/2013, you wrote:
>I've already tried this, both making the project 32-bit and 64-bit.
>As expected, it can't find the symbols when I make it 64-bit. So,
>presumably, the DLL is 32-bit.
>
>There was considerably more to the message than what was included
>below, which is where I mentioned the above. Did it not come through?

Don't know.

The key issue is that your project and the DLLs you link to must
match. I built curl for 32-bit WinXP successfully (following the
posted directions). You should be able to build a 32-bit project to
run in a 64-bit O/S (that's what WOW64 does). So, if you build a
32-bit project and use 32-bit DLLs, you should be OK.

There's another issue about debug vs release libraries, which I
assume you're aware of.