Re: Problem with curl_formadd()

From: Byrial Jensen <byrial_at_vip.cybercity.dk>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 23:39:59 +0200

Den 23-07-2013 22:17, Daniel Stenberg skrev:
> On Tue, 23 Jul 2013, Byrial Jensen wrote:
>
>> I have a problem with curl_formadd() which I suspect is a bug:
>
>> fails with CURLcode 2 (CURLE_FAILED_INIT) which I do not understand.
>
> First, this is a minor mistake. curl_formadd() does not return the
> general libcurl error code! It returns a CURLFORMcode and a 2 there
> equals CURL_FORMADD_OPTION_TWICE ...
>
>> Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?
>
> It is quite clearly a bug, and I've attached my suggested patch for
> fixing this problem.
>
> Comments?

Thank you very much for the fast reply, and thank you for pointing out
that I had not remarked that curl_formadd() returns a CURLFORMcode
instead of a CURLcode.

Without a function like the non-existing "const char
*curl_form_strerror(CURLFORMcode)" I will have to just write the
numerical error code in my error function.

I am new to libcurl and not able to comment on the patch. For now (until
I can get a package with the fix) I will continue to use
FORMADD_COPYNAME as a workaround instead of building curllib myself with
the patch.

Regards,
- Byrial