Re: curl tool referencing non-exported routines in libcurl.

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 13:50:46 +0200

Hi John,
On 22.07.2013 07:45, John E. Malmberg wrote:
> As a sanity check on OpenVMS for building a libcurl shared image (.so or
> .dll equivalent), I build the curl tool using the shared image instead
> of statically loading the image.
>
> When I try that, I am getting three undefined symbols as they are not
> marked as CURL_EXPORT in any of the curl header files.
>
> Curl_raw_equal,
> Curl_raw_nequal,
> curlx_nonlbock.
>
> On HP OpenVMS as in Microsoft Windows, the symbols exported by a shared
> image need to be specially declared when the shared image is built, I
> find those symbols by using the CURL_EXTERN tag in the header files.
>
> Is this a bug that these routines are not marked for CURL_EXPORT since
> they are used externally to the library?
no. Take a look at src/Makefile.inc:

# libcurl has sources that provide functions named curlx_* that aren't
part of
# the official API, but we re-use the code here to avoid duplication.
CURLX_ONES = \
        ../lib/strtoofft.c \
        ../lib/strdup.c \
        ../lib/rawstr.c \
        ../lib/nonblock.c

so that means that you have to include these sources directly (as other
platforms do too)...

Gün.