Re: Make DNS requests follow the CURLOPT_INTERFACE if c-ares is in use

From: Kim Vandry <vandry_at_TZoNE.ORG>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 16:48:52 -0400

On 2013-07-17 13:59, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jul 2013, Kim Vandry wrote:
>
>> The last message in this thread was in June while cURL was in feature
>> freeze, so we didn't merge it then. In light of Daniel's recent
>> reminder to repost issues that haven't got attention, I'm bringing it
>> up again to ask if we could merge it now.
>>
>> As discussed, due to the nature of the feature, adding test cases to
>> test it seems too hard. However, Ben and I have both been using the
>> feature successfully.
>
> Ah yes, can you please resend the current version of the patch?

There are 4 patches, mostly from Ben with small adjustments from me.

https://github.com/vandry/curl/

* 5917bf4 asyn-ares: Don't blank ares servers if none configured.
* b9f0e44 curl: Add support for various DNS binding options.
* 350f8e7 Document CURLOPT_DNS_{INTERFACE,LOCAL_IP4,LOCAL_IP6} options
* 483f06c dns: Support binding DNS to local interface/IP

-kv