Re: curl_multi_timeout

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 20:04:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013, Kirk Dawson wrote:

>> Suddenly as in when you did what?
>
> It was after I had installed open office which downloaded a whole bunch of
> things I did not want. I eliminated them and then had problems

Open Office at least once upon the time built and used a custom libcurl
version so possibly you then got that version instead of the one you used
before.

>> Where/how do you get the libcurl DLL installed/built?
>
> I presume that it comes with the Github for Windows suite since I do not
> install it personally.
>
> Is there a way that I can do it myself?

I wouldn't count on it, building and distributing things in the windows world
is a virtual mine field due to the various build options and compilers and
details that can be different and matters [*], so sure you can try to get a
binary DLL distribution from curl.haxx.se/download.html but I think there's a
fairly big risk that it won't run.

[*] = this is my impression after many years as a bystander, I don't
personally develop on Windows nor do I ever use it very much.