Re: x64 libcurl

From: Jamey Kirby <kirby.jamey_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 09:53:19 -0700

Gonna have a try. Again, thanks for your help and tolerating my
frustrations. Having been dinking with this for a month, it is getting
frustrating.

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 7:28 AM, Sergei Nikulov <sergey.nikulov_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> 2013/7/9 Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
>
>> "Jamey Kirby" <kirby.jamey_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to build libcurl for x64, I finally got it almost working. I
>>> can build x86 with no problems. Fails when it tried to compile amigaos
>>> for
>>> x64. How do I tell it to only build vc-x64?
>>>
>>> Here is my build line:
>>>
>>> nmake /f Makefile.vc10 MACHINE=x64 cfg=release
>>>

>> Looks okay.
>>

>> Works when I select x86, but amigaos fails and build fails when I select
>>> x64
>>>

>> Not only amigaos.obj fails. All your objects fails to link. That one
>> fails only
>> because it's the first in the list given to link.exe.
>> Did you prepare your environment for building 64-bit code. I.e. call
>> "vcvars32.bat 64bit" to setup the PATH to point to the x64 version of
>> cl.exe?
>>
>> --gv
>>

> For cmake I finally figure out what's wrong with generated VC solution. It
> is known issue for VC2010 build when resource file linked with static
> library (http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=11240).
> I've provided patch for cmake (attached) which address this issue.

> --
> Best Regards,
> Sergei Nikulov

Jamey Kirby
Disrupting the establishment since 1964
*This is a personal email account and as such, emails are not subject to
archiving. Nothing else really matters.*