Re: x64 libcurl

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 11:13:38 +0200

Hi,
On 09.07.2013 08:50, Jamey Kirby wrote:
> I am trying to build libcurl for x64, I finally got it almost working. I
> can build x86 with no problems. Fails when it tried to compile amigaos
> for x64. How do I tell it to only build vc-x64?
>
> Here is my build line:
>
> nmake /f Makefile.vc10 MACHINE=x64 cfg=release
>
> Works when I select x86, but amigaos fails and build fails when I select x64
>
> Here is the error line:
>
> release\amigaos.obj : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86'
> conflicts with target machine type 'x64'
I saw exactly same error few days back, and thats because I didnt set
MACHINE properly ...
with MSVC you can open 2 different commandline windows: one 'normal'
which defaults to x86, and another one for x64 (see menu entries form
MSVC) ...

> I guess I have run slam into the downside of open source; no one to
> scream at and throw money at to get an issue resolved. libcurl x86 works
> great in the project. What is so complex that this is not working? Maybe
> that is why there is no native x64 libcurl; no one has figured out how
> to do it yet...
nonsense - libcurl can compile fine for any x64 OS, and even for Windows ...

if you still need help with this then please let me know what MSVC
version you need to use, and what dependencies (features) you need with
libcurl, and I'm able to help you - you can contact me off list if you wish.

Gün.