Re: progressfunction called too much

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 14:58:46 +0200

"Linos" <info_at_linos.es> wrote:

>> https://sourceforge.net/p/curl/bugs/1238/
>>

> You are welcome, thank you for create the bug report.

I also see this. Here is the stack of the main thread:

ntkrnlpa.exe!KiUnexpectedInterrupt+0x121
ntkrnlpa.exe!ZwYieldExecution+0x1c90
hal.dll!HalClearSoftwareInterrupt+0x342
python27.dll!PyEval_EvalFrameEx+0xd9f
python27.dll!PyEval_EvalCodeEx+0x6b5
python27.dll!PyEval_EvalCodeEx+0x695
python27.dll!PyFunction_SetClosure+0x86a
python27.dll!PyObject_Call+0x4c
python27.dll!PyEval_CallObjectWithKeywords+0x89
pycurl.pyd+0x284c
libcurl.dll!Curl_pgrsUpdate+0x2e4 <<< !!! this is causing python to suck 25% CPU
libcurl.dll!multi_runsingle+0xc6d
libcurl.dll!curl_multi_perform+0x7c
libcurl.dll!curl_easy_perform+0xd1
pycurl.pyd+0x2279
python27.dll!PyEval_GetGlobals+0x68b

--------

I would expect a Python-script to run longer because of the limit on
recv-rate. But not that it should longer because the CPU gets overloaded
by Curl_pgrsUpdate().

BTW. I used the attached script to play with. In some cases with a rate_limit
  of approx. 1000 bytes/sec, I also got a
    pycurl.error: (56, 'Recv failure: Connection was reset')

  Presumably because the server lost patience with such a slow client...

Win-XP SP3, pycurl + libcurl using MSVC v16.

--gv