cURL using axTLS non-blocking

From: Hu, Eric <EHu_at_directv.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 02:39:37 +0000

Hello,

As promised, here is a patch to make the cURL/axTLS interactions maximally non-blocking. At first glance, it may look like I undid all the previous memory leak work, but it's just all been collected into Curl_axtls_close since ssl_ctx and ssl have to be assigned to conn for the non-blocking to work.

I haven't fully tested this patch, just a quick firing up of axTLS's axhttpd followed by invoking the cURL executable. I had to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to make axhttpd work, as well as copy a bunch of axTLS files into /usr/local for cURL to find. All fairly standard Linux dev stuff that's probably settable somehow, but I didn't bother to find out how. The configure line and command lines are as follows.

eric_at_deed:~/work/curl$ configure --enable-debug --without-ssl --with-axtls
eric_at_deed:~/work/axtls/_stage$ axhttpd -p 8080 -s 4433 &
eric@deed:~/work/curl/src$ curl -1 --cacert /path/to/axtls/ssl/test/axTLS.ca_x509.pem https://127.0.0.1:4433

Since this is a "forward" port of our system's outdated cURL (7.19.2) and axTLS (1.2.7), I'm not sure that I'll bother to test it much more. If anyone else tests and finds specific issues, I'll gladly take a look.

Cheers,
Eric