Re: cURL SFTP upload speed only 50% compared to command line SFTP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 22:40:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 22 May 2013, Ben Thomas wrote:

You're not top-posting now are you? After me giving a long and detailed
response to help out, you return the favour by violating the guidelines in
several different ways? See the end of every mail sent out from this list for
some useful links.

> So is it possible for me to do A and B using cURL?

(I assume you with CURL mean libcurl based on where we're holding this
conversation.)

Everything is possible, but:

>> None of these things are made within libcurl

... really means that libcurl isn't written to do the A and B from my
description. It _can_ of course be made so, but as far as I know nobody has
even tried.

Admittedly, the fix to introduce these things that would greatly improve
transfer speeds will probably require work that goes beyond "a simple patch".
I personally have about 47 other issues and features I consider more
important, but I'll gladly review patches and assist anyone who'd give this a
serious try.