Re: BCC Compile failures -- but MinGW32 O.K.

From: Mel Smith <syntel_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 08:27:51 -0600

Hi Daniel:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Stenberg" <daniel_at_haxx.se>
To: "libcurl development" <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 4:59 AM
Subject: Re: BCC Compile failures -- but MinGW32 O.K.

>> bcc32 -q -c -5 -O2 -tWM -w -w-aus -w-ccc -w-dup -w-prc -w-pro -w-rch
>> -w-sig -w-spa -w-inl -w-pia -w-pin -Dinline=__inline -o.\BCC_objs\http.obj
>> .\BCC_objs\http.int
>> .\BCC_objs\http.int:
>> Error E2238 .\BCC_objs\http.int 158239: Multiple declaration for 'pollfd'
>> Error E2344 .\BCC_objs\http.int 119040: Earlier declaration of 'pollfd'
>
> Is that really the best error message bcc can give us? What does the
> number mean? The wording seems to indicate a double include or something
> but it isn't that terribly easy to grasp...

    The http.int file is an intermediate file that is created during
compilation. From that intermediate file the http.obj file is created.

    The *big* number in the error mesage is the Line Number within the
intermediate file where the error is noted.

    In the particular cae above, the C structure POLLFD is doublt-defined,
first in Borlands's winsock2.h, *then* inside the Curl's select.h file.

    Yes, you are certainly correct: a double include !!!

    As I noted in my first email: commenting out the pollfd struct in
select.h reveals a *later* undefined symbol (wcsdup) in the file easy.c :((

Thanks for the response, and hope I can be of more help de-bugging this
problem

-Mel Smith (stymied in my building of libcurl.lib)