Re: libcurl Reporting Different Version Between Commands

Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 09:15:39 +0100

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 9:26 PM, Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Ben Thomas <benmailinglists_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> > After doing all that I ran curl --version expecting to see the new
version
> > installed. cURL had updated to 7.30.0 as expected, but libcurl hadn't:
>
> > Can anyone explain why there's a difference in version numbers? And how
> > get them all showing the correct 7.30.0?
>

> How about:
> # ls -lh /usr/lib/libcurl*
>
> If you see any older libcurl libraries lurking there, you might
> need to manually remove them and then re-run "ldconfig"
>
> - Jeff

Doing: "ls -lh /usr/lib/libcurl*"

Shows these files:

/usr/lib/libcurl.a
/usr/lib/libcurl.la
/usr/lib/libcurl.so -> libcurl.so.4.3.0
/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4 -> libcurl.so.4.3.0
/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4.3.0

They're all dated at the time I installed the new version so I *think*
they're all correct...