[new feature] Maximum limitation of cookies.

From: YAMADA Yasuharu <yasuharu.yamada_at_access-company.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 14:27:08 +0900

Hello cURL hackers,

2013/4/8 Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>:
> On Wed, 3 Apr 2013, YAMADA Yasuharu wrote:
>
>> I modify cookie.c to limit maximum number of cookies because currently
>> cookies are saved unlimited. It is not a wise policy for our browser. So
>> the numcookies is important.
>>
>> If someone wants a patch for limitation of cookies, I will.
>

> I think that sounds like a very interesting option. I know most common
> browsers have set limits for cookies in several aspects. I'd be very
> interested in seeing your patch!

I develop new feature 'Maximum limitation of cookies'.
The current cURL keeps cookies without any restriction.
But I guess most common browsers have set limits for cookies and
unlimited is not suitable for some embeded system because it have memory limit.

So I make a new feature 'Maximum limitation of cookies'.

Specifications:
- set limit number of cookies.
 -- set limit using CURLOPT_MAXCOOKIES or CURLSHOPT_MAXCOOKIES.
 -- the value 0 means unlimited (default).
- delete if more than limit number of cookies.
 -- 1st step: delete older access time.
 -- 2nd step: delete older create time.
- delete expired cookies.
- sort by access time.

An attached patch is difference from master-f4e3cae8 of github.
And I add test case test9000, test9001 and test9001, but numbering is
not meaning.
Please switch to an appropriate test number.

Best regards,
thanks
YAMADA Yasuharu
ACCESS CO., LTD.
Yasuharu.Yamada_at_access-company.com

--
.
The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for the addressee. The information may also be legally privileged.