What is "libcurl transfer operation"?

From: Felix E. Klee <felix.klee_at_inka.de>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 17:32:52 +0100

In the description for [CURLOPT_TIMEOUT][1], it says:

> Pass a long as parameter containing the maximum time in seconds that
> you allow the libcurl transfer operation to take.

What exactly is the "libcurl transfer operation"?

Our program uses cURL multi (multi_socket) to download from various
sources in parallel. Now, we run into issues where individual downloads
clog the download pipe because they take too long. This is dispite the
fact that currently we allow up to 1000 parallel downloads.

To cancel an individual download after some seconds, we have to
implement our own timout logic, right?

[1]: http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html#CURLOPTTIMEOUT