Re: the connection ID Number increase always..

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 08:34:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 15 Apr 2013, dfgfgdf sdfsdf wrote:

> In my infinite Loop the connection ID which start with"#" increase always,
> even the connection is closed later! And it may exceed the max-Integer of my
> Linux in future?

1. It only increases when a new connection is created, not for re-used ones.

2. If you create 100 new connections per second, it'll still take you 248 days
to wrap the counter. Few programs run uninterrupted at that speed that long.

3. A wrapped counter shouldn't be a problem, the connection_id is for
displaying purposes to allow humans to associate log entries with connections.