Re: URL parsing

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 23:14:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 13 Apr 2013, Steve Holme wrote:

> 1) This only adds support to the URL and not to the username / password that
> may be specified with the --user or -u command line arguments. It wouldn't
> take much more work to add support for this as well but I wanted to gather
> others' opinions on this before attempting this.

At times authors of applications want to provide user + password separate from
the URL for various reasons. I figure the same will go for "options"
associated with it as well...

> 2) Whilst I have 20 odd years' experience as a C/C++ developer would someone
> be so kind to check the four uses of sscanf() in url.c between lines 4381
> and 4402 to see if this is the best / most optimal way of extracting the
> user, password and options?

I've only given it a quick look so far but it seems fine to me. Of course we
should also come up with some test cases to verify a bunch of variations.

> 3) Does anyone know of other curl supported protocols that may pass
> additional login options after the username and password but before the
> host?

I don't!